Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
Still trying to figure out what you want to be when you grow up?
Wanting to switch careers but not sure what would be a good fit?
The Strong Interest Inventory can help point you in the direction of a career that fits what you love.
How the Strong Interest Inventory works:
The Strong Interest Inventory does just what it sounds like – measures what you are strongly interested in. Simple enough right?
You are asked a variety of questions to investigate your interest in a broad range of occupations, work activities, leisure activities, and school subjects. Your results are then compared to the interests of people successfully employed in those occupations or engage in those activities. The Strong will help you understand your work interests and will illustrate the kinds of work you might be most satisfied and even excited about. From your answers you will be give a variety of occupations and rationales for why you may enjoy them for you to explore.
What the Strong Interest Inventory does:
It links your interests and preferences to various jobs, work settings and careers.
The Strong gives you results that you can benefit from if you are just starting out in your career, thinking about a change or considering education options.
Scores on the Strong may also be used to identify preferences for non-work activities and situations such as interests in hobbies or recreational activities and interests in living and work environments.
Benefits of Using the Strong Interest Inventory:
- Greater understanding of your interests
- Identify career options consistent with your interests
- Learn about your preferences for leadership, risk taking and teamwork
- Choose education and training relevant to your interests
- Recognize work environments that would be a good fit for you
- Awareness of specific occupations and career fields you might enjoy
- Identify strategies for career development
- Interpretive report can be combined with the MBTI